Saturday, February 27, 2010

California, plain and simple

So yeah, we're possibly moving to California. And yeah, I've done research. Have I said I'm done? No! So why treat me like I'm going into this with my eyes closed? I'm tired of the supposed horror stories from people who haven't been there in a decade or so. I'm tired of hearing statistics for a city I'm not even going to be living in. And I'm tired of having zero support.

There are those that are under the sadly mistaken impression that I need permission to do this. I'm tired of people telling me I'm making up scenarios to give myself permission to go. I'm tired of people telling me I don't have their permission. I don't need permission. I simply need support. Who will benefit from making me feel guilty for a decision I have to make to better the lifestyle of my family? Hint: It's nobody. Who benefits from hanging up on me when I try to talk about what may happen? Hint: Still nobody.

Truth be told, I have actually made up my mind. If certain conditions are met, then yes, we will be moving.

Will I be sad? Of course! In a perfect world, I could live near my family and Mat could live near his and we'd all live close by and in a huge house with no bills and a car that works. But I'm punishing my family for the sake of my inability to loosen the apron strings. No one ever said they *had* to be cut.

So please. Stop with the drama. Stop with the worst case scenarios. I'm not living one now, but we're on our way. Every 2 weeks, we are at $0 before the next paycheck goes in. Every year at tax time we use every penny we get to catch up on bills.

Everyone is so quick to tell us what not to do. How about for a change, tell us what we CAN do.

No comments: